What’s In Your mind?• 100 billion neurons (nerve cells), trillions of more cells (glial) that support the neurons.
• More connections than stars in the universe!
• Brain is only 2% of body weight but uses 30% of all calories consumed on a daily basis.
• The brain is about being “cognitive”.
• Defined as: “State of consciousness (alert, orientated), memory, and attention span”.
• Our brains become less cognitive as we age, but when does the decline actually start? Age 45
• Add in toxins, stress, poor lifestyle choices, genetics, and it can start even earlier.
• A firing between neurons. Like a spark plug in an engine. If the gap is hindered, so is the spark.
• We lose 5-10% of synapsis from age 20-90 yrs. of age. Stop this and you improve memory.
Poor lifestyle choices, environmental toxins, and stress, contribute to degeneration of synapsis. What else?
• Not being self aware – a personal sense
|Brain Health Many concentration and focusing problems can be fairly easily resolved by providing the proper nutrients to the brain. Here's how to learn how to help your brain, memory, focus and concentration.|